Popular Posts

Tuesday 29 March 2011

My recent haul from AVON cosmetics and a short review

As I posted in my my first blog, I have very recently purchased a a few things from AVON cosmetics. 2 eye pencils {I got 2 nail paints free with them :)}One lip color in their recently launched range and a foot cream meant to remove the dead skin of your feet with out much efforts.
HERE goes my stuff!!! :)
I promised to review the eye pencils but I can actually review all excluding the foot cream.
So Today I am going to review the Lip color (u see I have a fantasy for lip colors and I can't wait to use them.............. !)
Brand- AVON COSMETICS Ltd.
Lip color details:-
Range- Ultra Color Rich moisture Seduction
Shades- available in 12 glossy shades I have used shade RED KISS (18078) 
Yup! I got the one Hollywood actress Reese is wearing.
The USP (according to the company) are the ribbons of moisture (as shown in the figure). Said to Increase the natural moisture of lips upto 3.7 times. With SPF 15 (pretty good) and a 24 hours moisturisation. The ribbons visible in the lipstick are said to be hydrating conditioners.
My experience:-
I am wearing the color today and I must tell you how my husband actually got shocked to see such loud color on my lips that too during day time. I ma carrying this shade to my office :)!! brave heart me. Firstly the shade Red Kiss does not look that Red rather has load tone of deep pink or one can say (and see too) Magenta. Texture is quite light. No heavy feeling on my lips. Pigments are very rich that I realised when I got a swatch for you on my hand last night. Color will stay longer and won't dry your lips too.
As you can see the swatch and the lipstick. The ribbons are visible and look rather non color pigmented stuff in this rather pretty lip color. Comes at a price of Rs. 265/- but for this month only as the normal MRP is Rs. 375/- .
I would suggest go and view all the 12 shades from their online brochure and contact the AVON Representative and give it a try if you love loud and peppy colors. Make bold statement with my choice of color red kiss.
I am gonna give it 4/5 (1 mark stolen away for such a big difference in the print color and actual color).
You will love the range and I think Raisin, Mocha Plum and Brick Brown will be the best suitable shades for Indian skin tones!! and when I say Indian I mean fair+ wheatish+ dusky all tones :)
Repurchase-
I won't repurchase this as I know wearing such loud colors will get a few occasions only for me.
Visit http://www.in.avon.com/PRSuite/pr_ebrochure.page to have a look at all other stuff available with AVON this month.
You can contact me too on the blog if you feel like buying the UCR lip color.

{P.S. Note that I have purchased the lipcolor and all other stuff shown above from AVON India on cash. These are not samples given by company PR}

3 comments:

  1. Hey Deepa, welcome to blogosphere, Congrats for the new blog.
    I have a blog at http://zestfulnails.blogspot.com/
    Do visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zeeba................... thanks a ton!!!!!
    u motivated me for this love u gal

    ReplyDelete